Effective as of October 2018
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website and the Services, and/or interacting with you, KW will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
2. Business Information.
We collect information about CBLS, including their business names, locations, business hours, amenities and offerings, contact information, and other relevant information, both directly from CBLS and from publicly available records (“Business Information”).
3. Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information and Business Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Website, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Website and use of our Services (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Website, such as search queries, amount of time spent viewing pages, and other performance and usage data.
b. About Your Device
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Carrier; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
c. From Cookies
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Website are visited or used most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want KW to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Website and Services, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
d. Third-Party Analytics and Remarketing
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
For Mixpanel, please visit https://mixpanel.com/privacy/
e. From You.
Additional information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as ratings of CBLS and other information that does not identify you personally.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Neither we nor any third party acting on our behalf employs behavioral advertising or retargeting in connection with users whom we know to be under 13 years old.
How the Information is Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Business Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Website and Services; to solicit your feedback; to inform you about our products and Services and those of our promotional partners and participating organizations; and for ad optimization.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of our rewards and promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the Website, and the products and services of KW and our promotional partners, we may analyze certain Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties, including registered CBLS. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and the Services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of KW or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Personal Information and Business Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by logging onto your account on the Website, or by contacting us as set forth below. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any KW marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Website (e.g., requests for support).
Sharing of Your Information with Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We will not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Personal Information when we present you with the terms of such offer. If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of such information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at email@example.com. Further, if you would like to opt-out of our sharing of your Information with our affiliates so that such affiliates can use your Information to market to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Site and our servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Site and/or Service, you do so at your own risk.
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. KW adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any Personal Information to us. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Website only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
In addition, KW does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. For instructions on how to opt out of third-party interest-based advertising, please see the section on how to opt out of third-party Interest-based advertising above.
How to Contact Us